STEAM Education stimulates innovation, creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Our School Fees are broken down by Key Stages 1 to 5 (Year Groups 1-13) and are made up of an Enrolment Fee, Tuition Fees and a Capital Fee. To work out what Key Stage or Year Group your child is in, please refer to the Age and Year Group comparison information to see how The British School structure compares with other international school systems.
The fees below reflect costs for the 2020-2021 school year. All fees must be paid prior to a student’s first day of school.
With each application made to our School, we charge a fee of SEK 2,500 per child. This Application Fee is non-refundable. In cases where an application is made and the offer is declined, the fee will be retained. However, in unusual circumstances when we are unable to offer your child a place, the fee will be reimbursed.
* Important: All applications must be accompanied by the necessary documents , plus the online payment for the admissions process to start.
A single one-off payment of SEK 25 000per student. Parents with children starting in Foundation 1 or 2 will be charged this fee only once their child reaches Year 1.
Annual Tuition Fees 2020-2021
Key Stages 1 to 5 & Tuition Fee
- Key Stage 1: Years 1-2 SEK 48,000
- Key Stage 2: Years 3-6 SEK 60,000
- Key Stage 3: Years 7-9 SEK 72,000
- Key Stage 4: Years 10-11 (GCSE) SEK 84,000
- Key Stage 5: Years 12-13 (A Level / IB) SEK 96,000
Fee and payment structure for Key Stages 1-5 (Year Groups 1-13):
- Tuition fees are invoiced annually* and, for returning students, are due before the start of the school year in September.
- New students starting at the BISM in August will be invoiced within the first month of starting school.
- For students joining during the course of the academic year, tuition fees are calculated in full term units (1/2 of the annual fee) and invoiced accordingly.
- Students leaving during the course of the year will be reimbursed accordingly.
* In exceptional cases, where parents’ circumstances prevent them paying fees as one annual payment (e.g. they carry the entire burden of the tuition fees and receive no assistance at all from an employer), parents can contact the Finance Department to apply for an alternative staged payment option. The school is not able to offer discounts on fees.
- Formal notification of leaving must be with the School Office three months prior to the child’s last day of school.
- Failure to provide the required notification will result in fees for the following term being retained. Please note that a full term fee is charged for any part‐term attendance.
- Pupils leaving the school are required to clear all obligations before final records will be forwarded to the next school or University.
Meet our Admissions Team
Whether you think you may be relocating to Sweden in the future, or if you live here already and are just exploring alternatives, we welcome you to contact us. We are happy to help with even the most tentative of enquiries so please do not hesitate to contact us.